-
December 4th, 2002, 12:08 AM
#11
Inactive Member
From Sears Fall & Winter Catalog, 1966-67.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Kodachrome II with processing
25 ft Reg 8 $4.26
50 ft Super 8 $3.57
100 ft 16mm $11.28
Sears Brand with processing
25 ft Reg 8 $2.29
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
From Sears 1929 catalog
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Kodak B&W
50 ft 16mm $2.95
100 ft 16mm $4.75
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
-
December 21st, 2002, 12:23 PM
#12
Inactive Member
I worked in a camera shop outside of NYC for a couple of years beginning in 1975. A customer could buy a fresh new roll of K40 and then have it developed by Kodak all for less than $10.00, probably more like $8.00. As Kodak had labs in New Jersey and upstate NY, customers could ask for rush processing and get it back within 24 hours, provided they delivered their film to us before the Kodak man made his daily pick up. The rush service cost no extra money and although not gauranteed I recall it almost always worked out except around holidays. With my employee discount I think shooting and developing was around $6.00 total so I ended up shooting a lot of K40. Good times!
-
December 22nd, 2002, 04:31 AM
#13
Inactive Member
My Dad shot a lot of regular 8mm from about 1953 through about 1972. Most of it was Kodachrome, but some was Ansco Moviechrome, Montgomery Wards, Sears, and Walgreen film, or Dynachrome. The film was sent to the lab for processing in the 25ft double 8 sized box that it was purchased in. The labs sometimes returned the finished film in the same box with the 50 foot slit and spliced reel encased in a plastic insert. Most of the Kodak film was returned in a thinner box made to fit the processed 50 foot reel.
Many of the non-Kodak boxes state that the film price includes processing. The mostly handwritten prices on those boxes range from $1.39 for the ones in the mid to late 50's to around $3.50 in the mid 60's. On the Kodak boxes from the mid 60's on, I think the handwritten or stickered price tags are only for processing and don't include the original film cost. They are mostly about $1.50.
I think my Dad tended to overpay postage on his mailorder processed films. It looks like he'd typically put three 8 cent stamps on the box to send it to the lab, and it would return with a metered postage label from the lab of anywhere from 8 cents in the early years to 15 cents in the later years.
-
August 29th, 2003, 06:43 PM
#14
Inactive Member
I remember in the 70's and early 80's being able to buy fil that was about to expire with processing for like $4-$4.50 sometimes even less.
-
August 29th, 2003, 08:29 PM
#15
Inactive Member
$1 per roll in "Photo Drive-Up"s expired film bin.
I had a notebook with a list of them in the area, and the month of expiration.
I had quite a pile (around 50 rolls) in my fridge at one point. a LOT of sound film. Most only a couple months out of date.
Blammo!
While I was living in England for a bit, a flood hit my folks (where I had the fridge) and it was under water. Mom told me about it a couple days later. How all the boxes were all soggy and it was all ruined, so she threw it all away. I was REALLY bummed, especially since the film was probably fine inside its little foil pouches...
so now I pay for film like the rest of the world. [img]frown.gif[/img]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Cranium ]</font>
-
August 30th, 2003, 08:45 PM
#16
Inactive Member
I remember being in high school in the 70s and getting Kodachrom for about $4 a roll and getting it processed for about $1.50 at some places and as much as $3.00 in others. LOL, I used think that was pure robbery. Oh, to be robbed like that again. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks